- Global Awareness
- Guided Pathways
- Hispanic Serving Institution
- Student Success & Equity
- Humanities Institute
Guided Pathways is state-funded, multi-year program designed to improve outcomes by offering clear completion pathways and integrated support services to students. At Mesa, Guided Pathways is a framework for inquiry and action.
As an initiative meant to be organic to our institution, we are calling this effort
The development and implementation of Mesa Pathways will be collaborative, dialogic, and intentionally aimed at both our continuous improvement and the expression of who we are in service of our students: transformational, inclusive, equitable, innovative, and committed to excellence.
The Mesa Pathways development and implementation process will focus on four fundamental activities:
- Creating clear curricular pathways.
- Helping students choose and enter their pathways.
- Helping students remain on their paths in a manner that is integrated, intrusive, and just in time.
- Ensuring that learning is happening with intentional outcomes and assessment.
Key Guided Pathways elements include -
- Programs that are mapped out and fully aligned.
- Structured onboarding processes.
- Proactive academic and career advising.
- Instructional support and co-curricular activities.
- Realigning and integrating basic skills/developmental education classes.
- Responsive student tracking systems.
Mesa College has made significant strides in each of these areas. Mesa Pathways will be used as a tool, then, that allows us to more effectively invent, inquire into, and assess the directions we've already demonstrated commitment to.
Near-Term Mesa Pathways Milestones
- Begin initial self-assessment (Oct. 2017).
- Compile self-assessment and share with campus community (Oct./Nov.)
- Hold an open forum for additional feedback and incorporate it. (Nov. 7)
- Self-Assessment feedback session at Presdien't Cabinet Retreat (Nov. 14)
- Present final Draft of Self-Assessment to President's Cabinet (Dec. 5).
- Report to the Chancellor's Office, so that the state team can assess college needs (Due Dec. 23)
- Form a Guided Pathways Taskforce to develop a multi-year work plan.
- Chancellor's Office Guided Pathways Website
- "Every system is perfectly designed to achieve the results it gets."
- Principles of Guided Pathways
- Implementing Guided Pathways: Defining Roles
- Implementing Guided Pathways: Tips and Tools
- Self-Assessment Submission December 2017
- Submission Signature Page
- Self-Assessment Draft December 2017
- Self-Assessment Draft November 2017
- Self-Assessment Draft October 2017
- Self-Assessment Tool (Template Only)
- Guided Pathways Self-Assessment Tool Crosswalk for CCCs
- CCC Guided Pathways Self-Assessment Tool Information
- Self-Assessment Prompts
- Community Colleges: A Resource for Increasing Equity and Inclusion in Computer Science Education
- To Solve the Diversity Drought in Software Engineering, Look to Community Colleges
Free Webinar: Implementing Guided Pathways While Achieving Outcomes Now Jan 23 l 10:00-11:00
Workshop: Creating a Lasting Guided Pathways (GP) Movement on Campus l Marriott Marquis San Diego l Feb 21 l 7:30-3:30
Guided Pathways Assessment Open Forum l Nov 7 l 12:30-2 l MC 211A